Hello, and welcome to Pixel Empire. If you have found yourself to this page then you are probably interested in writing for Pixel Empire. This is a brand new addition to the site and we are happy to announce that we will be accepting guest posts submissions for feature on our website.
We are looking for content which covers exclusively the indie game market. The definition for an “indie game” is a bit cloudy, so we will just take a wikipedia example below as our guideline for what’s indie and whats not.
“An Indie game, or independent video game, are video games created by individuals or very small teams and are generally without the financial aid from video game publisher” – Wikipedia
Over the next few months we will begin to open more guest posting opportunities but for now we will restrict to just a few as we are quite new to this so we want to walk before we run.
You are allowed 1 link to your website on your author details.
We welcome all indie games in development to send us an article to introduce your game to our readers. This is a great opportunity to show off some material you made for the game, or show off some progress. Marketing starts very early for professional game studios, so why don’t you do the same with us?
It is also a fantastic chance to get some eyes on your website or social medias even before the game is launch.
The game you are writing about does not have to be your own game, feel free to introduce other people’s work as a good gesture. If this is the case, please inform us and we will allow for a 2nd link to your own blog.
Please visit this contact page and provide the follow details to us:
- Name of your game
- The article’s main body, there is no specific structure you have to take, having a good well laid-out and digestible structure is important for the reader so take that into consideration when writing it. We recommend to use 4 H2 headlines and a few paragraphs in between. The article itself has to be at least 750 words.
- Any pictures or media you would like to include, we do not host videos but videos from YouTube or other online sources is fine to be embedded. We strongly recommend to use compressed pictures to optimise load times for the reader. Any extra medias are not needed, but we found that the best performing articles tend to be the ones with a strong gif presence *HINT**HINT*.tt
- The link you want to include, this is restricted to ONLY to the homepage of the game you are writing about. Links to anywhere else will be rejected including shortened links. This is for the sake of security for our users.
Also before submitting please take note of a few things:
- Please check your spelling and grammar, though we are not so tight on it, but is it important as readers have a tendency of leaving poorly proofread content.
- Proofread your work before submitting, make sure it has everything you want to say in a concise manner.
Top 10 Lists
Soon we will be accept guest posts for top 10 lists about indie games. For now it is not available for submission yet as we do not have a section on the page for it, but within the coming weeks it will be ready and we will provide more information about this.
Indie Game Reviews
Again, this is also closed as we are preparing the relevant areas for them.
Comedy & satirical articles
Any articles that are about an indie game which is of comedic or satirical nature will be accepted eventually. As like the other sections this is also currently closed.